Alan Taetle joined NMP in 1998 and leads the firm’s IT investment practice, which focuses on software, SaaS, internet security and tech-enabled service businesses. He currently represents NMP on the boards of MacStadium, PureWRX, Red Canary, Revenue Analytics and Whitebox. Alan was previously a director for several successful prior NMP investments, including TrendKite (sold to Cision Ltd.), FSLogix (sold to Microsoft), Clearleap (sold to IBM), Virtustream (sold to Dell EMC), and Vocalocity (sold to Vonage Holdings Corp.)
Prior to joining NMP, Alan was the Executive Vice President of Marketing and Business Development for MindSpring (which merged with EarthLink in 2000). Alan joined MindSpring as its 13th employee in 1995, and oversaw the company’s subscriber growth from 4,000 to over 325,000 in just three years.
Alan is a member of the Board of Advisors of the Georgia Tech College of Computing. Alan received a BA from the University of Michigan and an MBA from Harvard Business School.
Select Past Investments
- Acumen Brands acquired by General Atlantic
- Adjoined Consulting acquired by Capgemini
- Cipher acquired by Secure Computing
- Clearleap acquired by IBM
- FSLogix acquired by Microsoft
- SecureWorks acquired by Dell, Inc.
- TrendKite acquired by Cision Ltd.
- Virtustream acquired by EMC/Dell
- Vocalocity acquired by Vonage Holdings